One of the highlights of yesterday’s Gamescom Opening Night Live presentation was the world premiere of the trailer for the new soullike The Lords of the Fallen from CI Games .
The project is a reboot / rethinking of the original Lords of the Fallen, released in 2014 by Deck13 Interactive , but this time another team is responsible for production – HEXWORKS . Immediately after showing a spectacular cinematic, the game received official pages in digital stores, thanks to which the first details and details were revealed .
- The Lords of the Fallen is a new epic adventure set in a massive world five times the size of the original game.
- Players will have to overcome the horrors of two parallel worlds in order to overthrow the demon god Adir. The world of the living has its cruel trials, but truly innumerable horrors lurk precisely in the nightmarish realm of the dead.
- You can choose from nine character classes and customize their appearance with a variety of visual options. Players will be able to develop their hero in accordance with the chosen play style, improving his characteristics, weapons, armor and spells.
- The arsenal contains hundreds of unique weapons, but the developers do not forbid completely abandoning the “metal”, relying in battles solely on magic with its destructive spells.
- The large-scale story campaign supports both single-player and two-player co-op. There will also be an “invasion” system in the manner of Dark Souls.
- A special lantern is used to cross the border between worlds. In addition, it can be used to reach forgotten places, find legendary treasures, or directly affect the soul of an enemy.
- After dying in the world of the living, players will be resurrected in the world of the dead, where “all the creatures of hell” will be waiting for them.
- A system of rapid and smooth tactical combat is supported.
- On their way, players will meet many local residents, but often their help will be “highly doubtful.”
The Lords of the Fallen is scheduled for release in 2023 for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC.