Techland has just positively surprised. The company is officially looking for employees to develop new production and invites developers to work together on the new IP of the home studio. Dying Light developers are talking about the game so openly for the first time.
Dying Light 2 turned out to be a great success , the developers confirmed their plans to develop the released game , but it is also no secret that the company is preparing a second title. The second Techland team is responsible for the production from Warsaw and apparently the studio is looking for specialists who will help in developing the next position.
Probably since 2015, work has been underway on a new Techland project, which was to be born from the abandoned Hellraid – as it is known, the extension related to this position was included in the first Dying Light, but the project was apparently rebuilt and significantly expanded.
Today Techland confirmed that it is working on an “undisclosed action RPG in the open world”, which will lead players to a fantasy world – the authors can use their experience in an interesting way to tell stories about various beasts or magic. Techland emphasizes that this is a production from the AAA segment.
Techland confirmed that the project is being developed by experienced developers. The team creating the fantasy RPG game includes, among others:
- Karolina Stachyra – Narrative Director, previously cooperated with CD Projekt Red on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and DLC for these productions
- Arkadiusz Borowik – Narrative Lead, previously cooperated with CD Projekt Red on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and DLC additions to these productions
Over the past few months, the team has also been joined by:
- Bartosz Ochman – Open World Director, previously worked on such productions as Cyberpunk 2077 or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Mario Maltezos – Creative Director, has worked in the past with companies such as Ubisoft (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), Warner Bros (Mad Max) and Microsoft
- David McClure – Lead Game Designer, previously associated with Arkane Studios (Deathloop), Deep Silver and Playground Games
- Kevin Quaid – Lead Animator with over 8 years of experience gathered at Guerilla Games while working on titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn and its expansion The Frozen Wilds
- Marcin Surosz – Lead UI / UX Designer with an amazing ability to accurately define the needs of players, previously a member of People Can Fly
Paweł Marchewka, General Director of Techland commented on the confirmation of the work on the project:
“Moreover, our journey with Dying Light 2 Stay Human has only just begun as we plan to support this game for at least five years, with its scope and size matching, if not exceeding, what we have provided our community with during post-launch support for its predecessor. At the same time, our ambition is to introduce a brand new IP that is vastly different from what we have been doing for the past several years. We want to create a fully next-gen experience. A new fantasy epic set in a sprawling open world, fueled by the skills and experience we have gained as a team over the years, infused with new ideas, passion, and creativity. While we cannot share more details about this project now, we’re all truly invested in it and looking forward to showing it to gamers when the time is right.”
Currently, we do not know when we will see a specific announcement, but we can be sure that the project is being created and that Techland will show the new IP at the right moment.