NVIDIA and Nintendo have jointly developed the Nintendo Switch and apparently the manufacturer of the GeForce RTX series of graphics cards is to develop another platform of the Japanese. The company is now looking for specialists to develop a new platform.
On March 1, an intriguing leak about the new Nintendo Switch appeared. At that time, NVIDIA faced the consequences of a large leak, and among the stolen files there was a mention of “nvm2” – which, due to the name of the API from the Nintendo Switch (“nvm”), suggested work on the Nintendo Switch 2.
We haven’t received any additional hardware details since then, but the corporation is looking for employees who can develop technology for the new Nintendo Switch.
“NVIDIA IS LOOKING TO HIRE A DEEPLY TECHNICAL, CREATIVE, AND HANDS-ON SOFTWARE ENGINEER TO PIONEER THE NEXT GENERATION OF GRAPHICS DEVELOPER TOOLS FOR GAME CONSOLES. YOU WILL WORK WITH THE NVIDIA GRAPHICS TOOLS TEAM TO BUILD TOOLS THAT ENABLE DEVELOPERS WORLDWIDE TO HARNESS THE FULL POWER OF NVIDIA GPUS”
The producer is looking for specialists who will create the right tools – with their help, developers will develop new generation games.
The Job Listing also has some other requirements:
- Experience developing drivers for GPUs.
- Experience with GPU low-level performance tuning/optimization, including profiling and debugging.
- Background in the Game Industry or in a field that requires high performance graphics.
- Create graphics profiler features for NVIDIA GPUs, enabling developers to achieve higher and more consistent frame rates.
- Implement graphics debugging features by reading / writing GPU registers and memory, and by processing and manipulating GPU commands at the driver level.
It must be emphasized that NVIDIA does not cooperate with Sony and Microsoft, because PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S use AMD technology. The graphics card manufacturer GeForce RTX apparently develops new hardware and tools for the platform, which suggests the arrival of a new Nintendo Switch.
We have to wait for the confirmation of any details, but recently the head of Nintendo mentioned the problems of delivering a successor to the Nintendo Switch on the market .