Hogwarts Legacy is the fastest selling game in Europe since the data was collected, apart from FIFA.
Hogwarts Legacy is first in the European software ranking for February 2023. It is also the fastest selling game in the old continent, apart from FIFA. In absolute terms it is in sixth place since the data were revealed, i.e. for six years now.
This means that the Avalanche title has beaten even the latest Call of Duty games, including Modern Warfare 2, as well as hits such as Red Dead Redemption 2 and Elden Ring.
Just three weeks after its release, Hogwarts Legacy is already the fifth best-selling game of the last twelve months, behind FIFA 23, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Elden Ring, but we imagine it could manage to climb a few other position, given the success it is having.
February 2023 European Software Ranking :
- Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros.)
- FIFA 23 (EA)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard)
- NBA 2K23 (2K Games)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
- The Last of Us: Part 2 (Sony)
- God of War Ragnarok (Sony)
- Atomic Heart (Focus Entertainment)
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Nintendo)
- Borderlands 3 (2K Games)
- Dead Space (EA)
- Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla (Ubisoft)
- It Takes Two (EA)
- Nintendo Switch Sports (Nintendo)
- The Last of Us: Remastered (Sony)
- WWE 2K22 (2K Games)
- Sid Meier’s Civilization 6 (2K Games)
- Gran Turismo 7 (Sony)
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Nintendo/Mojang)
Despite the result of the wizard simulator, European software sales are down 10% compared to February 2022, with 12.9 million games sold. Data is provided by GSD and includes physical sales of most of Europe’s major markets as well as digital sales of most of the larger publishers.
The decrease in sales is attributed to fewer releases compared to February 2022, when titles such as Elden Ring , Horizon Forbidden West , Dying Light 2 and Total War: Warhammer 3 were released . It was also the second month of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, which was going very strong.
Furthermore, even the catalog titles did not do very well, with sales of GTA 5 dropping by 35% and those of Mario Kart 8: Deluxe by 39%. The only exception was Red Dead Redemption 2 which grew by 6%.