We don’t have good news for players waiting for the next-gen updates to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077. CD Projekt RED has officially postponed the patches and we’ll have to wait a long time for some fun.
In addition to working to improve Cyberpunk 2077 and provide it with more content with free updates , CD Projekt has in its hands the port of both Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 to the next generation consoles. Although initially the launch of these versions was scheduled for the end of this 2021, months ago the company already warned that a delay to 2022 was not totally ruled out and, in fact, today it has been confirmed that it will be so. PS5 and Xbox Series X | S will have to wait a few more months to enjoy Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 in their catalog . Here are all the details.
The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 will not arrive on PS5 and Xbox Series X | S in 2021
- It has been a document from CD Projekt for investors that has left us the confirmation of the delay.
- This document explains that both projects need more time to launch with guarantees and, therefore, will not be available in 2021 as planned.
- This document also offers a new release window for both games:
- Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X | S throughout the first quarter of 2022. ⏰
- The Witcher 3 is coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X | S in Q2 2022. ⏰
- No additional details of potential development issues are given.
- We still do not have a look at these new versions or confirm the improvements they will have.
- After the delay, which is a few months, we hope that more details will be released soon.
Considering that we are already at the end of October, this delay seems to be expected (although recent tracks pointed in a completely different direction ). Hopefully this delay will serve to improve the quality of these versions and, after the announcement, CD Projekt will leave details of how to render and display their two titles in PS5 and Xbox Series X | S .