In some cases, the cost has increased by 5-6 times.
On August 8, 2022, Capcom increased the prices of some of its games on Steam in a number of regions, including Kazakhstan, Turkey, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, and Uruguay.
Prices have increased in different ways depending on the country and specific title. The biggest rise in prices occurred in Argentina and Turkey. It is noteworthy that Devil May Cry 5, on the contrary, became cheaper in Kazakhstan after the price adjustment on August 8th. What this is connected with is unclear.
Some price changes in Kazakhstan
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – was 3900 tenge (was 5471 tenge)
- Devil May Cry HD Collection – was 3900 tenge (was 8065 tenge)
- DmC: Devil May Cry Complete Pack – was 4700 tenge (was 10 902 tenge)
- Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition – was 3900 tenge (was 8065 tenge)
- Devil May Cry 5 – was 12,780 tenge (was 8065 tenge)
Some price changes in Turkey
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – was 89 lira (was 202 lira)
- DmC: Devil May Cry Complete Pack – was 80 lira (was 403 lira)
- Devil May Cry HD Collection – was 89 lira (became 298 lira)
- Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition – was 63 lira (became 298 lira)
- Devil May Cry 5 – was 250 lire (became 298 lire)
Capcom did not comment on their social media for the price adjustment. In the US and Europe, the cost of games has not changed.