Stacker.com has compiled a ranking of the most expensive TV series ever by single episode, with The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power in the lead.
What are the most expensive TV series ever ? The ranking compiled by Stacker.com sees The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power in the lead , which for a single episode requires an average of 58 million dollars.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Amazon) – 58 million
- Stranger Things season 4 (Netflix) – 30 million
- Hawkeye (Disney) – 25 million
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney) – 25 million
- Wanda Vision (Disney) – 25 million
- The Pacific (HBO) – 20 million
- House of the Dragon (HBO) – 20 million
- Game of Thrones season 8 (HBO) – 15 million
- The Sandman (Netflix) – 15 million
- “See” (Apple) – 15 million
Able to set a record of views on Prime Video, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power seems to belong in a category of its own, according to the monstrous production costs incurred by Amazon for the realization of the show.
While the Disney + series all feature a similar budget, specifically $ 25 million per episode, it seems that the fourth season of Stranger Things, the second most viewed Netflix series ever, represents an exception to the rule.
It is strange to see the last season of Game of Thrones among the last places in the rankings, but it is now evident that the scenario has changed over the last few years and the projects have become even more ambitious.