It must come as a surprise to some.
Predator: Prey directed by Dan Trachtenberg hit the screens last week. When you read comments about the movie online, you get the impression that the audience is divided. The situation is different in the case of reviewers who give very high marks to the production – higher than for other films from the Predator series.
This is the result of the data of the RottenTomatoes website, which collects ratings and opinions from reviewers. This is how the scores of all titles in the series are presented on the website, in order from best to worst:
- Predator: Prey (2022) – 92% based on 191 reviews
- Predator (1987) – 80% from 55 reviews
- Predators (2010) – 65% from 203 reviews
- Predator (2018) – 33% based on 296 reviews
- Predator 2 (1990) – 30% from 31 reviews
- Alien vs Predator (2004) – 22% from 147 reviews
- Aliens vs Predator 2 (2007) – 12% based on 78 reviews
Predator: Prey even beat the original from 1987 with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the lead role, which must come as a surprise to some.
Before the premiere, fans were concerned about the transition of the Predator brand to Disney. Most of all, they were afraid that the production would turn out to be a subdued film for a younger audience. However, this did not happen, and Predator: Prey is a brutal adventure for adults.